[Edit: The course has now started, but please feel free to contact me if you’re interested in a makeup session or future installments!]
The Road to Color
ONLINE Beginners’ Painting Class
4 Wednesdays in July, 6:30-8:30 PM EST
One cannot be at the Pole and at the Equator at once. One must choose one’s way; at least this is what I hope to do, and my way will be the road to color.Vincent Van Gogh
We’ll focus on color, texture, and your personal creativity, while covering the basics of painting still lifes (fruit, vegetables, flowers). You can watch me talk about the course here:
How will this work in practice? We’ll meet over Zoom on 4 Wednesdays in July (July 7-28) at 6:30-8:30 PM EST. I’ll demonstrate a painting technique, then put you in breakout rooms and give you one-on-one guidance while you work on your own painting.
- Mixing (almost) any color with acrylic paints,
- Brush and palette knife technique,
- Dividing complex subjects into simple, colorful shapes,
- Exaggerating color for expressive effect,
- Selectively painting the aspects of a still life that attract you most.
Just to be completely transparent, this is the first time I’m putting together a course like this. If it goes well, I’ll offer it again at a higher price. Meanwhile, if you take it this time round, your feedback will shape future iterations. 🙂
The fine print:
- There’s a maximum of ten participants.
- The cost is $160 ($20 per hour).
- If you change your mind by June 30th, you get your money back.
- If you change your mind between June 30th and July 14th, you get $120 back. (So you only pay for the first class.)
Feel free to contact me with any questions!
You can reserve your spot below.
One thought on “New Painting Course”